Tuesday, January 23, 2007

There's always the first time...


So... (teachers always say not to begin a sentence with "so"), beginnings are always the most difficult but have their special charm:)
I will write most of my posts in English(sometimes Polish and Spanish, of course if there will be more posts:))
in order to practice my language skills:)
I should say few words about me. Well I guess I' m a mixture of optimism & scepticism, shyness and sometimes arrogance:) I'm pretty funny, though not as much as a Polish legendary football commentor/commentator Jacus Gmoch (though he's unconscious of his incredible charm and lg. skills). I love sports (my father is P.E. teacher so I've got good genes): skiing, basketball, dance, swimming, tennis(I was to be another steffi graff but it did not work out).
And I love movies:"The Breakfast At Tiffany's ", "Gone With the Wind", "Casablanca", "Star Wars" and James Bond series. I also adore British comedies like "Love Actually", "Notting Hill", "Bridget Jones Diary" and obviously BBC series "Pride and Prejudice" with georgous Colin Firth.
I'm also in love with classic literature, especially British and American(my major at the University). My favourites: all Jane Austen novels, "Portrait of a Lady"(basis of my BA thesis) by Henry James, Edgar Allan Poe short stories, poems of Sylvia Plath(actually the only poems I like), modernist novels of Virginia Woolf, "jane eyre" by Charlotte Bronte, "Wuthering Heights " by Emily Bronte, W. Shakespeare's plays(I know it's kind of cliche) etc. But also Baudelaire's "Miss Fanfarloo" or Pushkin's "Oniegin". There are so many novels I would love to read. I already have plenty of them close to my bed but so far I have no time to read them:(
And I am a huge fan of Gilmore Girls series. And my next post will be my semestral paper for "Studying Culture" classes, proving Gilmore Girls to be an example of good common culture:) It may be boring but I don't want to end up with just one post:) see ya. and enjoy your time spent on my site

1 comment:

cath said...

ja tak po polsku bym chciala powiedziec ze strasznie fajna stronka.... i fajnie tak poczytac... az za chwlke udam sie w tradycyjny sposob cos naskrobac w moim pmietniczku
kiss kisss